Positions open: 1
Hours per Week: 37.5
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Location: ALS Environmental, Whitehorse
Reports to: Client Services Supervisor
Position Type: Casual
About the Position: This position will work as part of a small team, under supervision, to accomplish a variety of routine lab tasks including sample logistics, bottle orders and general support.
1. Receive samples/coolers from clients and complete sample receipt duties including;
• Act as a contact for client sample drop offs following ALS customer service guidelines,
• Record submission temperatures, condition and sign off on date and time,
• Unpack and layout samples from each submission where required,
• Inspect samples for any non-conformances or sample integrity issues (i.e. missing samples, extra samples, broken samples, unclear COC, etc.),
• Check that samples have been preserved appropriately, and if not identify samples that require preservation in the lab,
• Complete a Sample Integrity Form (hard-copy) for any submission where any non-conformances have been identified,
• Assist with logging in samples to the LIMS,
• Apply printed login labels to samples,
• Prepare subcontract samples for shipping to other ALS locations and bottle shipments for clients ensuring shipments are prepared in accordance with ALS guidelines and TDG protocols using the appropriate materials and ice-packs,
• Deliver daily shipments to the airport or to client offices as required,
2. Prepare all bottle orders from clients and internal requests including;
• Enter orders into the LIMS and printing bottle order paperwork for shipments
• Complete all bottle requests in timely manner;
3. Assist with laboratory support as required including;
• Reagent preparation, general laboratory clean-up and maintenance including the DI water unit,
• Perform basic lab testing and support (TSS, sample dispensing for anions)
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and adhere to strict QA/QC requirements;
• Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
4. Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
5. Act as a back-up personnel for phone calls and answer questions and/or take the information to forward onto another appropriate ALS representative.
6. Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
• Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
• Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
• Ability to stand for a full shift;
• Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
• You may be exposed to unpleasant odours;
• Completion of high school diploma or equivalent;
• Good computer and efficient data entry skills;
• Valid provincial Class 5 driver's licence with a clean driving history (abstract required);
• Must satisfy all background check requirements set out by the Transport Canada Air Cargo Security program.
Looking for further details?
• Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply at https://jobscanada-als.icims.com/ no later than April 21, 2019;
• We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
• For the employee referral bonus program, this position is eligible for a Level A bonus award.
Contact Information: Human Resources
Apply with resume and driver's abstract:
Positions open: 1
Hours per Week: 37.5