Closes: Until Filled
Date Posted: January 17, 2020
Date Closed: Until Filled
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Hours: Potential for F/T, P/T, Days, Evenings, Weekends; sub-contractor will need to build up clientele over time and hours of work are expected to increase as a result
Salary: Rental of second chair is $100/day. Compensation based on completed work and # of clients served; in addition to client-paid tips.
Duration: Fixed Term Trial followed by Renewal if sub-contractor is suitable
Seeking a professional barber to operate as an independent contractor (i.e. rent the second chair) in a busy, modern barbershop that caters mostly to a male clientele. A business license will be required. Responsibility for Revenue Canada taxes and deductions and WCB fees will be the responsibility of the independent (sub)-contractor. Sub-contractor to provide own hair stylist equipment/tools.
• Cut and trim hair according to the client's instructions and/or preferences. This may include such things as suggesting a hairstyle that is compatible with the client's physical features, as determined from the client's instructions and preferences].
• Shave and trim beards and moustaches
• Shampoo hair and provide other hair treatments as requested
• Maintain cleanliness of work area and perform regular cleaning of the larger Barber shop
• May involve (if trained) application of bleach, tints, dyes, or rinses to colour or streak hair
• May involve analyzing hair and scalp condition and providing basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments
• May book appointments and order supplies
• May train and supervise other barber apprentices or reception support workers
• Some secondary school education is required
• English language skills sufficient to converse with clients
• Completion of a two-or-three-year hairstyling apprenticeship program or completion of a college or other program in hairstyling combined with substantial on-the-job-training; alternatively: substantial experience in directly relevant setting
• Trade certification is compulsory in Yukon. Red Seal endorsement would be an asset.
Apply with cover letter, resume and references
In Person: Employment Central, Suite 202-204 Black Street, Whitehorse, YT
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR leave with Employment Central for forwarding to email@example.com